Monday, August 24, 2009

Saints Nation: Through 2 games, Saints on course

I'm back from a long weekend in San Diego for a friend's bachelor party, and let me tell you guys that's a long trip. As I mentioned on twitter, I couldn't escape that city without of course being told Rivers was better than Brees. Funny. Sadly I missed the second preseason game due to the trip, and I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It is saved on my DVR from the NFL Network's replay, so I will get a chance to finally watch it tonight. I'll give you guys some bullets of what I saw once I review the game tape, so check back tomorrow for more on that game.

Through 2 games what I can say is the Saints look like they haven't missed a beat offensively, and their defense is creating more turnovers. 6 turnovers in 2 games is HUGE. If the defense can continue to create problems for teams the Saints might very well be poised for a playoff run. The stats Mike Bell put together also shows a major improvement over last week's weak run game showing. He's now a lock to make the 53 man roster after that performance. The Saints will play this Saturday at Oakland next, schedule for 3pm Central (4pm Eastern). On the injury front regarding Jammal Brown - the good news is he may be ready for week 1 after successful surgery on his sports hernia.