Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saints Nation: Gameday vs. Cowboys


As the Saints host the Cowboys in the Superdome tonight at 7:20pm Central (on NFL Network), the big question for tonight will be the status of both Jeremy Shockey and Sedrick Ellis. Shockey has a turf toe, so while we all know he's tough and always plays through injuries, I'm sure we'll see him limping at times. I think he'll play but have limited snaps. Sedrick Ellis has a sore knee, which is the same injury that caused him to miss several games already this year. He's officially listed as questionable but I believe Sedrick Ellis will be held out for this game. No use in aggravating his injury when you don't need the game and he's your premiere run stopper. I also think Scott Fujita will be held out, and I think Lance Moore will finally play after being out injured for a significant part of the season. Garrett Hartley is listed as probable with a hip injury, too, so that makes me wonder if the Saints will go with John Carney. Something to keep an eye on.

For Dallas the two questionable players are Ken Hamlin and DeMarcus Ware. Not sure on Hamlin, but I can't imagine there is any way Ware goes after that neck injury last week.

Enjoy the game and Geaux Saints! We're shooting for 14-0 with The Unknown Who Dat in that number!