Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saints Nation: SuperBowl to Kickoff tomorrow - Saints vs. Colts


It's still hard for me to believe that the team I've rooted for and cried with for almost 30 years has finally made it to the SuperBowl. For some of you it's been much longer than that. We're now a little over 24 hours away from the Saints taking on the Indianapolis Colts, led by New Orleanian Peyton Manning, in the SuperBowl. The line is currently 5.5 in favor of the Colts, kickoff is set for Sunday at 6:25pm and the game will be televised nationally on CBS.

While everyone's talking up the Colts' experience and Peyton Manning's superior work ethic, I've got a funny feeling about this game. I think it's silly that Drew Brees' work ethic, which any Saints fan knows is every bit as intense as Manning's, is being disregarded by the media like he's out on Bourbon Street twice a week funneling hand grenades and gorging on beignets. I think the Saints will use this ignorance as fuel to get focused and ready for the game. I think a lot of people are going be caught by surprise in this game, starting with former Colts' coach Tony Dungy.

The key to this game, in my opinion, will be how much the Saints can limit Colts' tight end Dallas Clark. If they can manage to keep him mostly in check, I think the Saints can run away with the game. Tomorrow will be a moment that none of us as Saints fans, win or lose, will ever forget. We've gotten this far, though, and this is our year. We will not be denied.

The Judge's prediction for SuperBowl XLIV: Saints 31, Colts 21 (MVP - Drew Brees)