Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saints Nation: Darren Sharper's Tweet Is Reason For Optimism

Darren Sharper spent a little time on his twitter account today, and if you're one for reading between the lines, then it's reason for optimism. The soon to be unrestricted free agent posted: "I would like to thank the entire WHO DAT nation for helping us realize all our of dreams," followed by, "Now let's party and think about repeat. And yea I said it, repeat!".

Call me crazy, but Sharper can't think about a repeat unless he re-signs with the team first. Call it a hunch, but I think it's a pretty clear statement that he intends on sticking around in New Orleans. Sharper's contract is officially set to expire in a couple of weeks, and I wouldn't be surprised if a handshake agreement is already in place. My prediction is that Sharper will sign an extension with the Saints on the first day of free agency. 


And in case you missed it, you can listen to my one on one phone interview with Saints' fullback Heath Evans by clicking HERE.