Monday, January 11, 2010

NFC Division Playoffs: Saints Will Host Cardinals


The stage is officially set, as the Saints will play the Cardinals in the Louisiana Superdome come next Saturday. The Cardinals earned their right to play in the game thanks to a thrilling 51-45 overtime victory over the Green Bay Packers. If you're a football fan, and you likely are if you're reading this, then I hope you didn't miss that game. It was thrilling till the very end and was about as exciting as the NFL playoffs get. I guess I should be careful what I ask for. I made my case for why the Cardinals were the best possible playoff matchup the Saints could get, and now my wish has been granted as the Saints will play them. Problem is, the Cardinals' passing offense didn't look like the 12th best passing team in the league against the Packers... they looked like the best, and arguably better than the Saints. That said, 20th overall sounds about right for their defense, if not too complimentary. In theory, we should be able to move the football on these guys, but it risks to be a high scoring affair. The question will be can we stop them? A loud home crowd certainly won't hurt. So here we have it Saints fans. Arizona is coming to town on Saturday and it's time for our boys to step up and play their best football of the year. Anything less could end our season.