Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saints Nation: Saints To The SuperBowl


What a season it has been for the New Orleans Saints, and it's not over yet. For the time being, this 31-28 overtime win over the Vikings will qualify as the crowning sports experience of my lifetime. We'll see if that can be topped in two weeks in Miami against the Indianapolis Colts.

Vikings @ Saints: box score

Favre was bruised, battered, and beat up by the end of the game. While the defense gave up yardarge, they created 5 turnovers and played with an intensity that made for the difference in the game. Give a big tip of the hat to Saints' special teams, too. Hartley made the game winning field goal, but the kickoff return unit, kick coverage unit and last but certainly not least Thomas Morstead made a major impact. I would argue that the Saints special teams were the difference, aside from the defense creating turnovers, with the plays they made. I never thought I'd be able to say this in my lifetime, but the Saints are SuperBowl bound. The experience of going to the game was like none other, and of course it was too close for comfort. It's something I will never forget, and the moment Hartley hit that field goal was the best cheer I have ever heard. We'll next see our boys in Miami in two weeks!!

It's been a great ride, and thank you to all the loyal Saints Nation supporters out there. The experience of this season has been ever more satisfying for me, as a Saints fan, than you can ever imagine with the support you have given me and Saints Nation!